Wednesday, July 13, 2016

REALLY SORE DEADLY OLD BONES

Buddy Rich Blues Caravan LP
Playing this Buddy Rich Blues Caravan LP till my record player explodes and my bones are still hurting from this weekend... It was another Hollywood Show where you walk in circles and get autographs and spend way too much money on actors well past their prime... I met Karen Austin who was John Candy's wife from one of my favorite time-filling comedy programmers, SUMMER RENTAL, and instigated a reunion with veteran actor Richard Herd, also from that movie... Mostly the actors and actresses have pictures that are cheap and glossy but I get them to sign Blu Rays and DVDs, Posters and Lobby Cards and usually original and the money I spend I don't mind, but I had no idea that the business was already losing money and in dire straits and that I should not have gone to the show at all... I sit and listen though to Buddy Rich and found out the name of his Vibes player and just downloaded his one good vintage 1960's album to my phone and also ordered the semi-pricey LP the same place I did this Buddy album that's jamming like a thunderstorm... Anyhow it's taking quite a lotta pain pills and a proper amount of B-movies to get me over the soreness of this weekend... Gonna see the female GHOSTBUSTERS on Thursday, which is tomorrow, actually, following a checkup at the allergist... Mainly though just waiting till I can walk around the downstairs of this haunted ghost house that my sister died in and that my dead nephew wanted to live the rest of his life in without feeling an immense amount of pain... That's the price of getting old: you cannot do the things you used to not think anything of, like breathing, humming a tune, existing, and going to the bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment