Wednesday, July 20, 2016

AT THE GATES OF SLUMBER

The Pink Floyd
Damn I hate when that happens... Something occurs in a dream and then a specific detail you forget completely and that was the thing that tied it all together in remembering it for to write about it... Morning and people and waiting and coffee obscures that movie show were your brain's the flickering projector or perhaps the screen... Oh well I do remember the dream's template or main plot or whathaveyou... The most popular girl in my junior high who didn't like me but loved my best friend who was better looking than me, was or is now a normal kinda chunky clean though not gorgeous lady but still has that power and is cute and is at my friend's house listening to Pink Floyd, and what I'd forgotten is the specific song title... It was early Floyd but not Syd Barrett early... I told her how great it was she of all people is into Floyd, a band that I adored as a teen and still kinda do... We hit it off in the dream and not to be conceited but it's something that happens lately... Girls who didn't look at me then suddenly take slight visual interest now because I've lost weight and look alright compared to then... Doesn't matter really what particular "then," for it's all "then" to me... My best years were as a beautiful blond-haired young kid (before I morphed into a wry Italian) and then I hit an awkward stage that lasted oh about thirty-five galdarn years... Anyhow when I woke up it was one of those very nice dreams you continue not only to think about but you prolong it like writing a play, and me and this girl were set-up to date and my friend who isn't really uptight in real life, was suddenly kind of a cockblocking dick, and told her to keep the Floyd record (it played on a turntable) down low... We, my buddy and I, were about to hit a music store where he was to buy a brand new amp and I was thinking of doing a last minute crazy thing to make him jealous and buy a guitar but then this girl, these girls since she had a friend who is or was also a friend of mine, came into the dream and it was especially her, the girl who never even gave me the time of day and that "now" suddenly dug me and Pink Floyd: it's her and her alone that stuck (and still sticks) with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment