Sunday, July 3, 2016

GOES BOOM IN THE NIGHT

Across from where I lived
I think I forgot to post here yesterday which is alright... This way it won't be a contrived journal but more of something that is added to as many times as possible, how a diary or journal or whatever it's called should be... Woke up with a headache and my bones hurting and this has occurred several times this year so far, and last year too... I will sit in the bathroom and wait for it to pass, can't move my legs even to walk the few strides to the kitchen to get something edible, not for at least an hour at which point I'll go back to bed and just lie there... This occurs during the weekends of course when I'm able to sleep all day and I don't mind so much losing an entire day but tomorrow is the holiday of July 4th, and not much is going on for me on that day, either... I remember years ago when my nephew, who died last year, and I were driving around and I showed him a powerful firecracker and yet I was so afraid to let it off, which wasn't a big deal it was just a firecracker... Anyhow we, he and I, walked across the street from where I lived, at the plush (being sarcastic, it was crappy) Royal Gardens Apartments directly across from the Cypress (Junior) College running track, and it was during the noisy 4th nighttime and I lit up the thing and by the time it went off I was running across the street in fear of being caught... Caught letting off a firecracker on a night when Mexicans were sending rockets exploding in the air above neighboring Buena Park... And Austin, who'd soon grow into a very intrepid risk-taker, was walking cooly to my frantic run... I always remember that night, how fearful I was and how he wasn't... I wish he would have grown up more a wuss like his Uncle... He'd have his tail between his legs, sure, and perhaps he'd exist a likeminded passive-aggressive wimp with absolutely no life but he would be alive... Anyhow, this doesn't mean much and not sure what today will bring since I slept in till 3pm...

No comments:

Post a Comment